Friday, July 18, 2008

The Edventure of a Lifetime.

Well as I told you, my mom, dad and I promised Steph Don Aunt Barb and Uncle Larry that we will take them to the beach, so we were willing to risk our lives for it. So my dad and I were convinced that we would find the perfect beach and my dad found one called Petobego (wierdish name) but we weren't positive that it was the perfect beach. So we went to go look at it when a storm was getting close to hitting. So we took the dogs out to the spot where you hike out to go to the beach. We got on the trail as the thunder was rumbling with still no sign of lightning yet. It took my dad forever to get me on the trail because I have a terrible fear of thunderstorms. So the woods were dark, we couldn't see much, it was raining and we could hear thundering over us. We were almost to the beach when all of a sudden a huge lightning bolt hit about a mile away from us. We could tell this because the thunder that rumbled after it hit took only about two seconds to almost permanently piercing our ear drums. So I was screaming and crying and it was still another mile back to the car. Luckily we survived the treacherous journey, but the mystery still wasn't solved... what is the beach like? So the next day my mom and I drove out to go check it out and we figured out that my dad and I would have had another about mile and a half to go. And guess what, after all that, the beach was terrible. There were houses all over the land, there were dead fish lining the shore and there were not very many people there. But luckily, we had some adventure along the way. On the way back we saw two baby eagles that landed on the tree over us, and we got to see a person riding along the water with a kite and a board. It was a pretty fun adventure. (I may have exaggerated just a touch in other posts, but I assure you, this is the 100% truth)

2 comments:

Erin said...

what a harrowing experience! Glad you survived! But what I really want to know is why didn't you look for a beach for your PA relatives?! ;-)

Anonymous said...

How does this compare to letterboxing in Northport?
-Aunt Martha