Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Spending time with mom

Everyone knows that spending time with your friends is like the funnest thing in the world and everything, and spending time with dad is just fun because he has a lot of the same interests as me. But, every once and a while, a girl just has to spend some time with her mom! So today of course I had to get up so my mom could go to a meeting so she dropped me off at my favorite book store in the world. So I browsed around, read a few pages of a couple of books, I had some in mind, so my mom came to pick me up. (oh and bye the way Aunt Barb, just in case you were wondering, I am sort of into fantasy/mystery books right now. and I like to read just over intermediate books. I like to challenge myself) anyway, so my mom took me to the old movie theatre in downtown T.C and we sat down to watch one of my favorite movies, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imporium. I have seen it twice before and trust me, don't let the reviews get to you, it is a superb movie. We then headed out to Micheal's (love it!) to see what little things we could find. Mostly because I have been waiting to use Aunt Martha's gift card she gave me two years ago for Micheal's and today, I'm sure I would the perfect thing to spend it on. So we ended up spending sixty bucks on three pairs of shoes, five colorful storage containers (you never know when you might need to store something!) three mini colorful lunchboxes (a definent priority) of course a couple of cool buttons (after all I am a button girl...) a tie dye bandanna with peace signs and smiley faces on it, some shirts, and paints to make the dull colored shoes colorful. (everything NEEDS to be colorful with me. So my mom and I had a great day and tomorrow I have to get up at six thirty to go to my mother's cross country practice (nothing new to me). So tomorrow we will be having fun with my awesome cousins Steph and Don, and I think we will also be having fun with my awesome Aunt and Uncle, Barb and Larry. And don't worry you guys, yes we will be going to the beach! We are going to my gramma and grampa's house on Monday, and they are having a garage sale, so my mom made me gather up some of my old junk. So hopefully, I will get even closer to buying that new camera I am saving up for. And don't be fooled, I still LOVE clutter!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You and your mom are like 2 peas in a pod! Glad you had a good time. Sounds like you got a haul at Michaels. How exactly are you going to decorate/colorize the shoes?

Anonymous said...

well I got some glow-in the dark green and yellow puff paint for my shoes so I could outline the bottom rim of the shoes. So then, when I walk in the dark, you won't be able to see the shoes, you will just see the rim of them.

Niki said...

I would live at Michael's if I thought I could get away with it. What a fun store! Of course, for a change of pace I also hang out at JoAnn's Etc. I'm going to teach Charlotte about the fun that can be had at those stores...

Anonymous said...

you should do that Niki, Charlotte needs to learn the importance of random things and crafts!