Sunday, July 20, 2008

Having fun

My dad and I really like to go kayaking on the nearby lakes around our house, but it is much more fun when we have other people to kayak with. So Stephanie and Don (my cousins) invited my family and Aunt Barb and Uncle Larry to go kayaking with them on Crystal River in Glen Arbor. So we drove to Glen Arbor and set out for our three hour kayaking adventure. Several of us got caught several times along the river and we were laughing the whole way. It was so much fun watching Pheny-joe getting stuck, mom flicking spiders on Don, Aunt Barb and Uncle Larry driving the snack kayak which came in handy, a dragon fly landing on my hat, and dad almost tipping going through a metal tube that was an optional portage for the trip. It was very entertaining to watch the unique kayaking techniques that were newly invented on this trip. Plus I'm sure it was very fun for our spectators watch a group of people that clumped up in numerous spots along the river several times. We probably looked like the kayaking ed. class driving along the river. So after all that touring of Glen Arbor we needed to show Aunt Barb and Uncle Larry a little bit of T.C. So the next day we went to a new winery on the Peninsula and the adults tried new wine and I tried mineral water. (yummy!) So then about an hour later we found ourselves looking at pretty houses on the Peninsula and showing Uncle Larry the boat marina. (he was in heaven) So we ordered some pizza and ate dinner at home and then we had some cherry moose tracks ice cream (I still don't understand how moose can have cherry tracks) So it was really fun and Aunt Barb and Uncle Larry leave tomorrow. I can't wait till' next year so we can kayak the river again and get together with the Stringer and Sanderson family.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a blast!! I can hear all of the laughter just reading it :) Wishing I was back up-north already... how many more days until we get to come back? Hmm... about 340... uggg!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i know- maybe you could just sneak up one more time before summer is over...

Corey Stringer said...

Sounds like fun! I wonder how Charlie would like kayaking? Niki and I have been kayaking on the Gulf of St. Lawrence in Canada. We need to go with you sometime!

Anonymous said...

There were some whales on our river too! DT (No, I'm not talking about your prego sis!)

Niki said...

A three-hour tour? Good thing you didn't get shipwrecked on an island!!

Don and Steph said...

We had an awesome time on the river with the TC Taylors! Can't wait to go back next year! We saw beautiful birds, a deer and her baby fawn crossing the river, and some very crazy biologists floating down the river on tubes and lobsters. Oh, and thank you, DT, for clarifying. I would have had to slug you for that one! :)

Corey Stringer said...

"Prego Sis." I like that.