Thursday, June 19, 2008

Clean Sweep

While I was in Grand Rapids, I went to a girl's house who's room was AWESOME! Her bed was on a loft and there was a couch and a desk under her loft. I thought it was really cool and didn't actually realize until I got home that I have a loft too! And as most of you know, I have a queen sized bed and it sort of cramps up my room, so I decided that I was going to get rid of the queen, well put it in the guest bedroom, and put a twin sized bed on my loft. And usually, it is kind of annoying that my mom loves room or building projects because she is always dragging me to home depot and giving me suggestions of how to remodel my room and stuff like that. But today, that personality of hers came in handy. So of course, we started on the project today. We moved all of my room junk into the guest bedroom. We were supposed to organize the stuff so when I go to put it back in my room, but in the end it looked like a tornado hit on the left side of our house. I and especially my mom (I'm a closet stuffer) were surprised at how much stuff I have in my junkyard, I mean room. So my room is totally cleared out now except for my giant bed, my two clothes cabinets, an empty loft, and a surprisingly dirty floor which I was unaware of until today. So Erin, Aunt Martha, Katie and Uncle Doug, when you come in 9 days, luckily the tornado will have cleared up by then. And hopefully my new room will be as I hope...

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the remodel! (And those cute pooches of yours:-))

Corey Stringer said...

Congrats on the new loft! I had a loft in college and really liked it!

Katie said...

I can't wait to see it too! Sounds like it will be great! Erin and I were "stuffers" as well... our rooms looked nice and clean as long as you never looked in the closet or under the bed :) I have an apartment cleaning project myself this weekend... it looks like my closet threw up all over my small studio!

Love,
KT

Don and Steph said...

What fun! I love to redo rooms! Have a great time! Maybe you can give me a tour when Don and I are there in July!

KT - sounds like you have quite a weekend planned! I really should be unpacking at my house, but it's just too nice out!

SJS

Dave Taylor said...

KT: Is that better or worst then throwing up on McKinnely> (Sorry-couldn't resist!)

Katie said...

I would have to say that throwing up tacos on the side of the road is far worse than the clothes thrown about my apartment :) Haha! I promise to keep my dinner down when we go on a run in a couple weeks!

SJS- Enjoy the time outside... those boxes can wait :) Can't wait to see some pictures of the new place! I hear it is great!