Sunday, June 22, 2008

Chores and yummy smoothies

In these last few day's I haven't been doing much. Just mostly what you are supposed to do during summer, be lazy and for me, doing lots of chores. Our mulch that we bought was infested with fungus (tons of mushrooms that I had to pick out) and so we had to order new mulch. So just when I think I'm done with working with the old mulch, I have to work with the new mulch. Luckily I am paid by my parents to pick fungus out of the ground on a hot day. It isn't the funnest chore. And remember that rhubarb I talked about getting at the farmers market with Lydia, well I used it in a FANTASTIC smoothie. All of a sudden I am obsessed with making smoothies. In my (I called it a sour smoothie) (don't worry, a yummy kind of sour) I added
1. one stick of rhubarb
2. about fifteen grapes (pretty much the reason why it was sour)
3. a chopped up plum
4. pomegranate juice
5. vanilla yogurt
6. sunflower seeds
7. red raspberries
8. blueberries
9. ice (I'm sure you could have guessed that)
It was sooo good. But I don't think my dad liked it...
but, he did like my berry smoothie with...
1. red raspberries
2. strawberries
3. blueberries
4. pomegranate juice
5. strawberry yogurt
6. peanuts
That smoothie was really good too.
Man this is making me hungry, sorry about this post if you haven't eaten dinner yet, I'm sure that smoothies will hit the spot during a really hot... humid... summer.
You know, I think I am going to go make a smoothie now...

7 comments:

Erin said...

Since you have become a smoothie aficionado, I look forward to your review of the smoothie at Poppycocks on Saturday!

Uncle Dave, how much do you pay for pulling fungus out of mulch on hot days? Katie and I are looking for a part time job next week;-)

Dave Taylor said...

Erin,
I pay .10/fungi. It has only rained more in Iowa lately so your earning potential is great!
DT

Corey Stringer said...

Uncle Larry might like the Rhubarb Smoothie!

We used to go and buy manure for our gardens straight from a mushroom farm for our gardens! Gross!

e-dog said...

oh yummy c-dog, thanks for sharing!!!:)

Katie said...

Sweet! 0.10 per mushroom... I'm in :)

Aunt Martha has a special reminder from our Father's Day gardening party... head to toe poison ivy! Uggg!

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
Wish you were here in Newtown with me!
Tomorrow, if they come out of the kiln okay, I will be glazing the long over due Dig Memorial tiles.
Wish you were here to help me glaze them.
Hot out of the kiln and straight to Traverse City!
See you on Saturday Smoothie girl!
Aunt Martha :)

e-dog said...

Thank you soooo much Aunt Martha! I can't wait to see the tile! It's not that long over due! I mean it's worth waiting for. Especially cause' it was made by you! I wish i could be in Newtown too, but only 5 more days until JL. So that's the next best thing!
-edog