Monday, June 16, 2008

The B-E-A-utiful, Pyramid Point

Yesterday, our family was longing for real, well what I'm trying to say is fun, exercise. So where else do want to go when you want exercise and fun... Pyramid Point. So yesterday we drove to Pyramid Point in a beautiful day. We stopped by a trail head to eat lunch and got our bathing suits and sunscreen oh and of course our bug spray that we got at the farmers market.( the bug spray was 8 dollars and we think it attracted mosquitoes!) We then drove to the Pyramid Point trail head and started the hike up to the beautiful lookout over Lake Michigan. Once we got there, my cousin Lydia was blown away. She lives in Grand Rapids and she doesn't usually see big views like that, so she was amazed. But we wasted no time at the top. That fresh blue water looked so cool and refreshing compared to the hot, humid day. We trampled down the hill getting sand in our mouth and doing summer salts. We raced into the water, and then running right back out considering the ice cold temperature. As we sat on the beach we noticed a HUGE storm cloud rolling in and we could see pouring rain hitting the water about a mile away. We decided we should probably start heading up. (oh and my dad would probably want to include this... he dove into the freezing lake Michigan. I know I didn't, but i had my little cousin to take care of!) well anyway so after about ten minutes we reached the top panting with our tongues hanging out exactly like our dogs. We picked up our NEED supplies at the Totem Shop (a necklace and a Laffy Taffy bar) and headed home exhausted. Then we stayed up till' 12:30 watching movies! hehe!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I'm jealous... sounds like a fun day!! Now, what can you do about warming up that water for us in the next couple weeks before we get there??!!

Love
KT

Don and Steph said...

I agree with KT! Get busy warming up Lake Mich! We can't wait to get there - just four weeks to go!
Love,
SJS

Erin said...

Did you see any 4-ft long sturgeon in the Lake? There were two near the shore at Jolli Lodge right after we left last year so now Katie is freaked out to go into the water!

Corey Stringer said...

Ask Uncle Doug how to warm up Lake Michigan . . .

I'm jealous, as well. Pyramid Point is probably one of my favorite places on Earth!

C-Dog

e-dog said...

me too!

Katie said...

Who wouldn't be freaked out by a 4ft fish with teeth?! Let's hope they aren't hangin out a Jolli Lodge this year :)

e-dog said...

dont worry Katie, if u need a little push to jump in, I'll just literally push you in, or if you want, I could bring my fish net so we can catch the 4ft fish and put it in a fish tank for your D.C appartment!

e-dog said...

oh i forgot to say who that was from... from e-dog

Katie said...

I think I will pass on the big fish in my apartment... it would freak me out so bad I wouldn't be able to sleep here anymore :)

As for pushing me in... that is only if I don't push you in first!!

xoxo

e-dog said...

oh its on katie, its on!

Erin said...

"I'm the captain of the ship, wooo, wooo"...
-NYC ELT